Cough is one of the most common diseases.
It is caused due to foreign particle present in your throat and it makes you feel restless.
At times, it turns intolerable and you want to get rid of it as soon as possible.
Causes of cough are:
- Viral infection
- Common cold
- Lung cancer
The common symptoms of this problem are irritation in the throat, breathlessness, chest pain, etc.
Instead of rushing to the doctor all the time,
you can try out some common homemade remedies for cough that are: –
Turmeric is evidently known for its medicinal properties.
It has a great deal of potential when it comes to treating cough as well, especially dry cough.
- Heat a cup of water and add one teaspoon of turmeric powder and a teaspoon of black pepper.
- You can also add cinnamon stick if you want.
- Boil this for about a minute or so.
- Finally add one tablespoon of honey.
- Drink this daily till you get done with cough.
Another way of using turmeric is adding turmeric powder to your tea. This also helps in curing cough.back to menu ↑
Ginger is one of the most popular solution for cough.
It is the most effective option as well.
- Boil a cup of water.
- Add crushed ginger to it.
- Drink this magical solution 3-4 times a day.
- You also have the option of adding lemon juice and honey to it.
Chewing raw ginger also helps in reducing cough.back to menu ↑
Lemon can be used in innumerable way to treat cough. It is attributed for providing help in reducing inflammation. Furthermore, it provides us with infection-fighting vitamin C.
- You can simply combine 2 tablespoons of lemon and 1 tablespoon of honey and drink the mixture.
- You can add cayenne pepper to the mixture of honey and lemon to make it even more effective.
The easiest remedy to cure cough is onion.
- You can simply cut onion and smell the strong vapors of it.
- Alternatively, you can make a cough syrup of baked onion, comfrey tea and honey.
- You can also add 1 and a half teaspoon of onion juice to 1 teaspoon of pure honey and drink it to get rid of dry cough.
Carrot has various vitamins and minerals to reduce cough.
- You can prepare fresh juice of 4 to 5 carrots and dilute it by adding water. For added benefits and taste, you can add 1 tablespoon of honey. Stick to this particular solution till you completely get cured.
- For added benefits and taste, you can add 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Stick to this particular solution till you completely get cured.
Hope these simple yet effective tactics would be really useful for you and will help you overcome the problem without even consulting a doctor.